Legal Assistance for Workers' Compensation Denials
Aggressive & Knowledgeable Birmingham Lawyer
Have you received a letter notifying you that your workers' compensation
claim has been denied? Stephen F. Thompson, Jr., Attorney at Law is here
to help! Our lawyer has the skills and knowledge needed to pursue an effective appeal.
Contact us today to find out your options for appealing the denial and getting the compensation
A claims denial does not mean that you can never receive compensation.
With the right strategy and knowledge of the appeals system, we can make
sure your case is completed properly so you can begin receiving your benefits.
How our attorney can help you in your workers' compensation appeal:
- Inform and guide you through the appeals review process
- Meticulously gather necessary medical evidence or testimony to prove your injury
- Aggressively negotiate directly with your employer's insurance company
It is important to have professional and experienced legal assistance to
properly handle your appeal. We can walk you through every step of the
process so that you don't have to fight alone.
Understanding Your Denial
To effectively fight your case, you must understand the circumstances of
your denial, which are outlined in your denial letter. We can review this
information to determine the right steps to take for your case. The appeals
process can be complicated and tedious, but we can help you navigate the
legal system with ease.
What are some common reasons for workers' compensation denials?
- The claim was not reported or filed on time
- The employer disputed the claim's facts
- Your injuries were not severe enough to constitute a workers' compensation claim
- Some states preclude certain conditions for claims, such as stress-related
As a Birmingham workers' compensation attorney, we can help you understand
the reason for your claim denial and then work with you to pursue an appeal.
Many people give up after their claim is denied, but with our services
you can fight to get the compensation you deserve. With one-on-one attention,
we can help you every step of the way.
Our lawyer can stand by your side through the following steps of the appeals process:
- First, we can contact your employer or workers' compensation insurance
office to discuss your claim. Sometimes this step can resolve the issue.
Our skilled attorney knows how to talk to claims adjusters.
- If your employer disputes your claim, we can help you file a suit with
the Alabama Circuit Court in the county with jurisdiction.
- Once the appeal is filed, you will appear before a court of Civil Appeals
and your employer must respond within 30 days of the claim. We can present
and argue your case in front of the judge, and provide strong medical
evidence to demonstrate the severity of your work-related injury.
Pursue Your Workers' Compensation Appeal with Our Firm
The process of appealing a denial can be stressful and confusing. It is
important to seek knowledgeable legal assistance as soon as possible.
Contact us today
to get personal service to help you through the workers' compensation