Defending against Contributory Negligence in Motorcycle Accident Claims in Alabama
Contributory negligence is a defense commonly used in Alabama by defendants in motorcycle accident cases. This defense argues that the plaintiff's own negligence contributed to the accident and therefore they should not be entitled to recover damages. Here are some strategies for defending against contributory negligence in motorcycle accident cases:
- Gather Evidence: To defend against contributory negligence, it's important to gather as much evidence as possible to show that the plaintiff was not at fault or only partially at fault for the accident. This may include witness statements, accident reports, and medical records.
- Prove the Defendant's Negligence: In order for contributory negligence to be a viable defense, the defendant must first prove that they were not solely responsible for the accident. This may involve demonstrating that the plaintiff was speeding or otherwise acting recklessly.
- Use Expert Witnesses: Expert witnesses can provide valuable testimony in motorcycle accident cases. They may be able to provide insight into the cause of the accident or provide opinions on the plaintiff's conduct leading up to the accident.
Defending against contributory negligence can be challenging, but it's important to remember that the burden of proof in Alabama is on the defendant to demonstrate that the plaintiff was at fault. Working with an Alabama personal injury lawyer can help you build a strong defense and protect your rights in a motorcycle accident case.
Looking for Answers About Your Accident?
Contact us for your FREE Case Evaluation and get the ANSWERS you're looking for.
Free Initial Strategy Session
All Initial Strategy Sessions are Free. If you would like to discuss your options, you are invited to fill out one of the Contact Forms. I will attempt to contact you if I think I can help you.
During your Initial Strategy Session, I will asist you in creating a strategy on how to best pursue your claim, whether it be the result of a Car Accident Claim, 18 Wheeler Injury, or, Alabama Workers' Compensation Claim. At your Initial Strategy Session, you will receive the following:
- First - I will listen to your story. You will have a chance to tell everything to someone who wants to hear what happened to you.
- Based on the information that you provide, I will give you my best advice on both what claims you have, and the next steps you should consider to proceed with your claim(s).
- If your claim is something that I think I can help you with, I will explain the services that I can provide for you, and what the next steps are that we should take. We will start working immediately.
- If your matter is something that I do not think I can help you with, then I will attempt to put you in contact with another lawyer that might be able to help you.
- Either way, what should happen is we will put to rest some of the unkowns that you may be experiencing. We will start to shed some light on what you can expect, and how to best pursue the benefits you deserve.
Don't delay getting the recovery you deserve!
Contact us today for your free Strategy Session!