Common Causes of 18 Wheeler Accidents and How to Avoid Them in Alabama
18 wheeler accidents are notably catastrophic, leaving a trail of destruction, severe injuries, and often, fatalities. In Alabama, understanding the common causes of these accidents is crucial to prevent them and for victims to seek justice and compensation effectively. Birmingham personal injury attorney, Stephen Thompson, is committed to helping victims understand the contributing factors to such accidents, assisting them in navigating the legal aftermath.
Prevalent Causes of 18 Wheeler Accidents:
- Driver Fatigue: One of the leading causes of 18 wheeler accidents is driver fatigue. Long hours on the road without adequate rest can lead to impaired judgment, slowed reaction times, and eventually, catastrophic accidents.
- Distracted Driving: The increasing reliance on mobile devices has elevated the risks of distracted driving. A momentary lapse in concentration can have dire consequences when operating such colossal vehicles.
- Speeding and Reckless Driving: The pressure to meet tight delivery schedules often pushes drivers to exceed speed limits and engage in risky driving behaviors, compromising road safety.
- Poor Vehicle Maintenance: Inadequate maintenance of 18 wheelers can result in mechanical failures, such as brake malfunctions or tire blowouts, leading to severe accidents.
- Impaired Driving: Operating 18 wheelers under the influence of alcohol or drugs significantly impairs coordination and decision-making, making it a prominent cause of accidents.
- Inadequate Training and Experience: Insufficient training and experience of drivers can lead to a lack of proficiency in handling 18 wheelers, particularly in challenging driving conditions.
- Improper Loading: Overloading or uneven loading of cargo can affect vehicle stability and control, increasing the risk of rollovers and accidents.
- Weather Conditions: Adverse weather conditions, such as rain, fog, snow, or ice, can reduce visibility and road traction, contributing to accidents.
- Blind Spots: The extensive blind spots of 18 wheelers can obscure other vehicles, making lane changes and turns particularly hazardous.
Legal Recourse and Representation:
Victims of 18 wheeler accidents caused by the aforementioned factors have the right to seek compensation for their suffering and losses. Stephen Thompson's extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of Alabama's personal injury laws ensure victims receive expert legal counsel and representation to secure the compensation they deserve.
How Stephen Thompson Can Assist:
- Comprehensive Legal Support: Stephen provides end-to-end legal support, from initial consultations to meticulous investigation and evidence gathering, claim filing, negotiation, and, if necessary, litigation.
- Client-Centric Approach: Stephen’s dedication to his clients is demonstrated through his compassionate and personalized legal solutions, focusing on each client's unique needs and circumstances.
Looking for Answers About Your Accident?
Contact us for your FREE Case Evaluation and get the ANSWERS you're looking for.
Free Initial Strategy Session
All Initial Strategy Sessions are Free. If you would like to discuss your options, you are invited to fill out one of the Contact Forms. I will attempt to contact you if I think I can help you.
During your Initial Strategy Session, I will asist you in creating a strategy on how to best pursue your claim, whether it be the result of a Car Accident Claim, 18 Wheeler Injury, or, Alabama Workers' Compensation Claim. At your Initial Strategy Session, you will receive the following:
- First - I will listen to your story. You will have a chance to tell everything to someone who wants to hear what happened to you.
- Based on the information that you provide, I will give you my best advice on both what claims you have, and the next steps you should consider to proceed with your claim(s).
- If your claim is something that I think I can help you with, I will explain the services that I can provide for you, and what the next steps are that we should take. We will start working immediately.
- If your matter is something that I do not think I can help you with, then I will attempt to put you in contact with another lawyer that might be able to help you.
- Either way, what should happen is we will put to rest some of the unkowns that you may be experiencing. We will start to shed some light on what you can expect, and how to best pursue the benefits you deserve.
Don't delay getting the recovery you deserve!
Contact us today for your free Strategy Session!