What Injuries are Work-Related?
Line and Scope of Employment
If you were acting in the line and scope of your employment, and you weren't intoxicated or under the influence of any mind-altering substances, then your injury is likely covered. If you already had an injury to that body part, then your work-related injury needs to have made it worse, or "exacerbated" your pre-existing injury in order for it to be covered.
If you were doing what your boss told you to do, then you were likely acting in the line and scope of your employment, and your injury is likely covered under the Alabama Workers' Compensation Act. Sometimes injuries occur in a gray area where it is unclear if your injury occurred while you were working or not. Perhaps you were a delivery driver and went off-course to get lunch and suffered an injury walking into the restaurant.In situations where it is not clear, your claim will depend on the particular facts of your case. It is impossible to provide you more information without knowing more about the details of your claim. You can check out the Information Center to the right to see if more of your questions can be answered. Or, you are invited to submit a Contact Form if you would like to discuss your situation in more detail.
Looking for Answers About Your Accident?
Contact us for your FREE Case Evaluation and get the ANSWERS you're looking for.
Free Initial Strategy Session
All Initial Strategy Sessions are Free. If you would like to discuss your options, you are invited to fill out one of the Contact Forms. I will attempt to contact you if I think I can help you.
During your Initial Strategy Session, I will asist you in creating a strategy on how to best pursue your claim, whether it be the result of a Car Wreck Accident, 18 Wheeler Accident, or, Alabama Workers' Compensation Claim. At your Initial Strategy Session, you will receive the following:
- First - I will listen to your story. You will have a chance to tell everything to someone who wants to hear what happened to you.
- Based on the information that you provide, I will give you my best advice on both what claims you have, and the next steps you should consider to proceed with your claim(s).
- If your claim is something that I think I can help you with, I will explain the services that I can provide for you, and what the next steps are that we should take. We will start working immediately.
- If your matter is something that I do not think I can help you with, then I will attempt to put you in contact with another lawyer that might be able to help you.
- Either way, what should happen is we will put to rest some of the unkowns that you may be experiencing. We will start to shed some light on what you can expect, and how to best pursue the benefits you deserve.
Don't delay getting the compensation you deserve!
Contact us today for your free Strategy Session!