What Types of Work Injuries are Covered in Alabama?
Injuries that are suffered while you are acting within the line and scope of your employment are covered under the Alabama Workers' Compensation Act. The Alabama Workers' Compensation Act is designed to be liberally interpreted in favor of the injured worker. This means most any injury that you might suffer while working is an injury that would entitle you to workers' compensation benefits. Things like falling, or being struck by equipment are covered, but so are cumulative injuries like carpal tunnel syndrome.
For a more detailed description of some of the commonly suffered injuries, check out the knowledge center on the right, and see if your particular injury is listed.
Some injuries are not considered work-related. If your injury was the result of you being intoxicated, or under the influence of mind-altering substances, then the Alabama Workers' Compensation Act is reluctant to provide compensation. Also, injuries suffered while travelling to or from work are sometimes not covered. Injuries like a stroke or a heart attack may require an extra showing that they were due to work-related activity. Sometimes the courts decide that a heart attack was coming anyway, and it was just coincidence that it happened at work. Other times, the courts will decide that a heart attack was the result of strenuous work activity. If the workers' compensation insurance adjuster is giving you trouble and refusing to approve your medical treatment, you are invited to contact us to discuss your options.
Looking for Answers About Your Accident?
Contact us for your FREE Case Evaluation and get the ANSWERS you're looking for.
Free Initial Strategy Session
All Initial Strategy Sessions are Free. If you would like to discuss your options, you are invited to fill out one of the Contact Forms. I will attempt to contact you if I think I can help you.
During your Initial Strategy Session, I will asist you in creating a strategy on how to best pursue your claim, whether it be the result of a Car Wreck Accident, 18 Wheeler Accident, or, Alabama Workers' Compensation Claim. At your Initial Strategy Session, you will receive the following:
- First - I will listen to your story. You will have a chance to tell everything to someone who wants to hear what happened to you.
- Based on the information that you provide, I will give you my best advice on both what claims you have, and the next steps you should consider to proceed with your claim(s).
- If your claim is something that I think I can help you with, I will explain the services that I can provide for you, and what the next steps are that we should take. We will start working immediately.
- If your matter is something that I do not think I can help you with, then I will attempt to put you in contact with another lawyer that might be able to help you.
- Either way, what should happen is we will put to rest some of the unkowns that you may be experiencing. We will start to shed some light on what you can expect, and how to best pursue the benefits you deserve.
Don't delay getting the compensation you deserve!
Contact us today for your free Strategy Session!